Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

It's like this, and like that....

I started this blog in an effort to track my experiences with pregnancy and beyond. Writing is therapeutic. Kind of like talking to myself without the people in WalMart thinking I'm crazy. If you find some entertainment in this along the way, then even better!

This is one woman's journey through unfathomable hunger, vivid sex dreams and a bulging belly...from conception to birth in 9 months or less...

My vagina has the hiccups..no seriously...

Friday, December 11, 2009
Ok so I know I know, it's not my vagina, it's my daughter, but for the last few days she's been positioned in such a way that it really feels like my vagina is hiccuping. And it's awkward.

It's awkward because, well, last time I check, vagina's didn't hiccup and so to have yours doing just that, can be distracting to say the least. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on the first time it happened. But as with everything strange going on near my vag these days, I figured it must be pregnancy related. It was only later when she had the hiccups again, in a much more acceptable spot like my mid-abdomen, did I figure out what had been happening earlier in the day. And I was happy to realize that was in fact all it was.Not that a hiccuping vagina couldn't be some sort of circus freak trick that might make me money some day, just that I'm not exactly prepared to share myself with the world in that capacity....talk to me after I've delivered this baby!

It is also awkward because there are people who are DYING to feel said hiccups, and it's not exactly appropriate to let them do this when the hiccups are coming out via my intimate parts. The issue is, I generally have said aloud "the baby is hiccuping" before thinking to myself it could end in an awkward moment. And then, someone always asks "can I feel it from the outside", hopeful, with a hand flat out poised to cop a feel. A normal person would say "No sorry you can't", but me, well I'm getting used to saying vagina a lot these days, so I tend to blurt out something along the lines of "sorry, only my doctor or my husband are allowed to touch my vagina" or something else equally inappropriate. Which, as you can imagine, leads to another awkward moment - the moment in which they can't figure out how we went from talking about cute little in utero hiccups, to my vagina. This inevitably leads to me needing to explain to the person WHY I said that, and by the time I'm done, I'm no longer the cute pregnant lady whose baby has hiccups. No, I'm the strange beach ball on twigs, who has just made them feel dirty for not particular reason.

Regardless, the hiccups are quite fun to experience, and I assume that means she's getting this whole swallowing thing down pat in there. And I have to admit, I enjoy the hiccups far more than her daily game of jump and poke the bladder. They are just more comfortable for me. Even if they are coming out of my vagina......

16 comments to My vagina has the hiccups..no seriously...:

Kathryn said...

haha I saw your post on SITS, and to see what you meant by that title! Congrats on being pregnant! I am about 14 weeks along right now and can't wait to get to the point you are at! Have fun!

said...

"Can I feel from the outside" -- ROFL!!

Janine Lim said...

Brandee you kill me, thanks for the laugh.

JennyMac said...

the title alone cracked me up. Great way to start the morning.

The Mommyologist said...

HA! I loved this. And I loved your addition to my air travel rules by the way! My son had the hiccups all the time while I was preggo!

Babe_chilla said...

Well I'm here to entertain :D

I'm glad you're all laughing at this, because I find it pretty funny myself!

Adrienne said...

Happy Saturday SITSday

CynthiaK said...

Ah, hiccups. One of those many quirky moments in pregnancy. Can't say I recall ever feeling the vagina hiccup...but sounds intriguing! ;)

Been enjoying your comments over at Crumbs. Normally love to respond directly via email to posts on Crumbs, but yours doesn't come up on your comments.

Anyway, keep on enjoying this fantastic journey into parenthood! Belly looks great on you, as far as I can tell from your photos. :)

Carol said...

I've been a labor nurse for a long time and I've never heard that description. I like it when a woman comes in and says something like "I think there is a foot coming out of my vagina." You think? I've never had a woman be wrong about that.

Babe_chilla said...

Cynthia - weird that it doesn't show up. I'm all new to this blog thing, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong ;)

Carol - AHAHAHAH wow, ya, that doesn't seem something you could mistake :S

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Ugh! Hiccups! All three of mine were always hiccuping! Drove me insane. I assume it's payback because my mom told me I always did the same. Though I never felt it in my hoo-hoo. That's a funny one. My kids still hiccup too. My youngest is now one and some dude at the store commented on him today. Random. Hey, at least you know they are still cooking well if they're hiccuping!

Congrats, just found your blog on SITS. I couldn't pass by that post title. I love it. Can't wait to stop back by and browse around.

First kiddo in the oven there I understand? Well hang on for the ride of your life girlfriend. Weird and gross stuff is gonna happen! But you'll love it and I love that you'll be blogging about it. Can't wait to read it all. Let me know if you need any advice, or just need to vent!

By the way, I have a blog that features some baby food recipes so when the time comes, head my way...in the meantime just check us out and say hey!

Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner?
http://www.mawhats4dinner.com/

Ms. Sarah said...

that is funny. with my oldest i didnt ever experince the hiccup thing. My youngest a whole lot. Though we never had the issue you are. good luck with you hiccups and pg.happy sits day

Anonymous said...

LOL. My son almost NEVER hiccuped the entire pregnancy. I think I felt it twice. I was kind of bummed about that. Enjoy your hiccuping vagina :-)

Karen M. Peterson said...

I've never been pregnant before, but perhaps one day I, too, will experience the hiccuping vagina.

Funny post!

Visiting from SITS. Hope you had a lovely holiday!

Hear Mum Roar said...

Hey, at least they weren't asking to feel it from the inside, right? LOL

Babe_chilla said...

Karen - in a poll among pregnant ladies, I've been told this is very abnormal. I can only assume the reason I feel them there is that my baby is balled up, head down, up against my cervix. Who knows, but it's weird. HA!

Hear Mum - BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH GOOD POINT!

Thanks for the comment love :)

Post a Comment

Did you smile even once reading this post? If so, I think you should leave me a comment...comments make me smile :D